I would notice, sometimes, that when standing in my hotel room or on terra firma, that it felt as though the ground were gently swaying and bobbing beneath me. I didn't know if it was a faint sense memory of being on the water earlier in the day, or if I was just drunk on Venice.
"You have to always be drunk. That's all there is to it - it's the only way. So as not to feel the horrible burden of time that breaks your back and bends you to the earth, you have to be continually drunk. But on what? Wine, poetry, or virtue, as you wish. But be drunk."
~ Charles Baudelaire
"You have to always be drunk. That's all there is to it - it's the only way. So as not to feel the horrible burden of time that breaks your back and bends you to the earth, you have to be continually drunk. But on what? Wine, poetry, or virtue, as you wish. But be drunk."
~ Charles Baudelaire
