It's official as of tomorrow and I'm rather blissed out about it. The weather this week has been gorgeous and unusually warm for mid-March in Montreal.
In the spirit of spring and cleaning and such, this week I undertook Phase I of my massively ambitious decluttering project: books! I do love 'em but I have way too many of them. And right now, I value the space that will be created more. It's a huge task, and there are moments when I feel overwhelmed, but it's mostly been energizing. Now if I could only stop sneezing from all the dust that's been freed up.
Of course, before undertaking such a task, I had to read a book about it. And that book was Shed your stuff, change your life by Julie Morgenstern. I realized that my project was about more than just decluttering, but was part of a transition. Although I became a full-time photographer almost two years ago, the transformation has never really felt complete. Perhaps there's been some fear that I wouldn't succeed and that I should hang on to that old me "just in case". But I feel ready to let some of it go and to create the space necessary to nurture this more creative self.
