One of my sisters and I travelled to see an exhibition recently, called "The Golden Age of Couture" the exhibition was on loan from the V&A Museum, London.
As you can imagine I was in my element. It was truly amazing to see these gowns up close, to see the workmanship the artistry in each garment. They are made like structures, engineered and executed brilliantly. It truly was The Golden Age". Am I gushing ... I think I am.
This was one of my favorites, the back was as beautiful as the front.
Jacques Fath ~ 1948
This was a miniature doll with a designer wardrobe, right down to nylons and lingerie. I so very much wanted to play with her ~ keep her for my very own.
John Cavanagh
We also had a totally fabulous time shopping, going through antiques stores, going to restaurants and staying in a cute old fashioned hotel.
xxx







